Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The littlest birds


So this weekend Luke and I went to Weatherford TX, and I was introduced to his Grandparents, and a large contingent of his family. It was a blast! Large gatherings always make for adventure. On Saturday we went to Traders Village, an interesting schmorgusborg of trash and treasure, and explored it's rows of shops. The best of which was a shop with beautiful little birds.
The other little beauty is Lilia, Luke's 2 year old niece, and his cousin's daughter Larrisa. They were so sweet and cute, especially covered in Cheeto dust.
And last but not least.... Yes I let Luke take a picture of me.

I think the greatest story of the weekend would have to be when his adorable Grandma demanded attention, and when holding her hand up was not enough, she smacked Luke's sister Gwen and said, "Gwen, tell her to be quiet." "Her" being Luke's aunt. It was great. She is feisty and quirky, with a great sense of humor.
Other than that this weekend consisted of moving, moving, and.... more moving...... fun fun fun. Anyway I am currently in Kansas with over 30 people, most of which I don't know. :)
It's great fun. So far we have worked on a puzzle, slept, ate food, worked on the puzzle again, and now I sit here while a large group of Letourneau students and alum play munchkin, and debate whether or not someone has died from the giant nose.
Happy Thanksgiving all!

1 comment:

Christina's Kitchen said...

Ok, that it such a cute picture of you in the hat shop! I demand that Luke be allowed to take more pictures. That is all.