Friday, November 16, 2007

Ideas and more

All right, so I have come up with an idea as to what I would like to do with this blog thing. I am a huge fan of the blog print & pattern and the idea is to do something similar with the things that inspire me, the things I see that other people would like that I know and the final products of my work. Anyway, I think it will be a fun way to fill people in on the world of Erin.
And so it begins.

So in church world Christmas is a main event that usually involves lots of time and effort, or this year running around with my head cut off. Between Having mono at the beginning of this month and still trying to recover, moving to a new home and all the joys that are happening with that (while trying not to do to much so I can fully recover) and all the Family festivities of this time (while trying not to do to much so I can fully recover) it has been interesting.But as for Firewheel, the sermon series will be unOrtHoDoX. which makes some fun and interesting Christmas decoration ideas. On an outing to the mall with Luke we came across the beautiful store anthropologie. It's window display was awesome.

upon closer inspection was the realization that the "ice" was straws, so the idea is born to use this as the unorthodox Christmas decorations at church. One realization I've had in church design though is that everything has to be BIG! so when thinking of what might happen for the Worship Center, it had to be bigger than straws, or we would have had to do so many straws that it would be impossible construction time, especially on a tight schedule. What is like a straw but large? I thought to myself. Thus the idea of replicating the idea with PVC pipe is born. How this will turn out I'm not sure. And as it unfolds I will be sure and update you. Please be praying that it all works out. Things that happen in my head sometimes don't play out on paper.

The rest of the images are other pretties I found on my trip to North park mall, and some
detail shots of the straw-cicles.Window detailBarney's New York window display featuring the very "in" green theme.
Nordstrom's Thanksgiving Graphic

Painting in Nordstrom

White House Black Market window display

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! The pics are making me nostalgic for the dallas 07 summer road trip me and jane too to see you and luke. I hope you're feeling better!
P.S. Nordstrom's take on the holidays is very humorous!

Anonymous said...

oh, and i think the pvc pipes are going to look great!

Unknown said...

I hope the PVC pipe thing works out, cuz that could be SO cool!